PELAGOSTOS CANNIBAL JACK: I am Chief!! Want big fire!!

Go down

PELAGOSTOS CANNIBAL JACK: I am Chief!! Want big fire!!

Post  rockstarpirate90 on Sun May 15, 2011 11:55 am

More Wood!!

Oi, mates,

I had some spare time this weekend and was a bit bored, so I went to a few craftman shops and made my Cannibal Crown.

Still needs a skull some red feathers on the back a few snakes and a stingray skeleton or something like that.

Cheers!

rockstarpirate90
Landlubber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: PELAGOSTOS CANNIBAL JACK: I am Chief!! Want big fire!!

Post  Mojo Turbo on Mon May 16, 2011 11:24 am

Yea, it'd be fun to have one of these.... and the staff..

Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

View user profile http://www.jacksparrowcostuming.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  rockstarpirate90 on Mon May 16, 2011 1:09 pm

I was thinking about swagarts cannibal scepter, then the only thing to do is buy a fox skull and somehow attach it to the scepter
rockstarpirate90
Landlubber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bperry on Mon May 16, 2011 7:21 pm

My friend on Facebook Evan has an awesome Cannibal Jack costume.
bperry
Bad Egg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  rockstarpirate90 on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:07 pm

Update!!

Added a rubber snake, red feathers and the stingray vertabrea thingy ...

And my personal touch to the Cannibal Crown...

the cobra's head:P
rockstarpirate90
Landlubber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pirate Daddy on Sun Jun 05, 2011 1:40 pm

Looks good, mate!

I love the cannibal Jack look, and have been tempted to do this, also.
Pirate Daddy
Bad Egg

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cannibal Crown?

Post  AndianaSparrow on Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:17 am

Hello all!

So does anyone here know of a vendor/person who makes the cannibal crown, and for a reasonable price?

I remember asking around over at KTTC a while back and I simply got "make your own" but I do not posses the skill to do so.

if anyone can point me in the right direction it'd be very much appreciated!

AndianaSparrow
Rascal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:26 pm

So Andy...I don't think you are going to be able to find anyone that can make this inexpensively mainly because of the labor hours involved in gathering materials, cutting, gluing, and construction.

Items I used. Remember mine was experimental from the very beginning so I used multiple materials for trial and error. Overall my costs were about $300.00.

1. Small wicker basket to serve as the base. Be sure it is large enough in circumference to fit your noggin with wig and bandana. Check out 99 Cent stores. That is where I got mine.
2. Red burlap material. JoAnns has it and it is pretty cheap. Bring your basket so that you can test wrap it around the circumference of the basket. Height will vary with your height. I used two feet. Remember the material falls onto itself so 2 feet is perfect. Place the seam of your material (where the two sides meet) on the left side of your head. This seam will be covered over with feathers and palm tree bark.
3. Red 3D fabric paint to complete the design on the red burlap material. Look at reference pics. It is pretty easy to duplicate.
4. My skull is foam from JoAnns. Go now since they have Halloween stuff.
5. Black snake bones are just black foam frosted with white spray paint and struck up on thin wire. Got the idea from SithCamaro that used finer foam than I did.
6. Snake skin along the base of the crown is simply dull yellow shelf liner that is rolled up and darkened a bit with black acrylic paint. This piece is simply stitched to the base of the crown. Meaning just wrapped around.
7. All the bones are made out of polymer clay. I would have chosen something different for lighter weight. Try PaperClay which is much lighter. Reinforce the rib bones with metal wire because if you don't they will snap easily.
8. Skeleton hand on the movie prop is one piece of I think wood. At least that is what SithC told me. I just bought a plastic skeleton hand for about $5.00. Wrapped in dark leather and just wrapped with twine to the left side.
9. Close study of the the movie prop shows that the dangly thing on the right side is made up of vertebrae bones, a chain, what looks like an ear, and some type of leg. I just did the best I could for shaping these items out of polymer clay for vertebrae and the ear/foot black pieces out of foam.
10. Reddish color reeds on the right side simply bundled at the bottem and fanned out at the top. JoAnns or Michaels has them.
11. Red and brown pheasant feathers on the left side nice and long. Also available at JoAnns or Michaels.
12. It took me forever to figure out what that brownish paper material was on the left side. After numerous screengrabs and researching it turns out it is the brown bark material that you find on palm trees. It hit me back in 2006 when I was walking passed palm trees outside the Paradise Pier Hotel. I grabbed a whole bunch and brought it home. I recommend spraying it first with acrylic sealer. I didn't and now there is dust material falling off of it. I need to replace mine.

Here are all my pics with some WIP images. These are full size and you can steal....I mean pillage and plunder as needed!!!

In action and my crappy make up job. First time and last time I ever did it using cheap Halloween make up.

Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  AndianaSparrow on Thu Sep 29, 2011 2:03 pm

oh holy crap thanks so much for the post UM, i really appreciate it.

....I'll see if I can attempt it....I tried last year and failed miserably. Rolling Eyes
AndianaSparrow
Rascal

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Capn_Jack_Savvy on Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:47 pm

Just come up with a close enough and over the next few months slowly get it up to SA! That is my motto..........what's a motto? Nuttin!? What's a motto wid you?
Capn_Jack_Savvy
Pirate Lord
Pirate Lord

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Cannibal Jack. Any fresh ideas on Crown construction ?

Post  Shakey Jack on Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:10 am

I've made a start on getting materials assembled for Jack's crown and was looking for any tips on materials. The two rows of gold "snake" around the brim are more like rectangular beads than snakeskin. I bought a couple of yards of 20mm ribbed trunking from an electrical supplier, scored the surface down it's length at 1/4" intervals , sanded it and given it a coat of yellow acrylic then gilt cream and it is starting to look quite realistic. Rubber snakes are on their way.Pics will follow.
I'm aiming at a chicken wire frame to get the "tilted muffin" shape of the hat. Have scoured ebay for a suitable material along with the local thrift stores. So has anyone found any red fabric suitable?
The back of the crown is a bit of a mystery too.

I will document my efforts, any useful pointers gladly accepted. I have gleaned all the available published pics I can find !
Shakey Jack
Galley Slave

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down