MWE&D Adventures of Jack Sparrow: Cutlass Arrival

Go down

MWE&D Adventures of Jack Sparrow: Cutlass Arrival

Post  Captain Matt on Fri Oct 03, 2014 2:39 pm

During my initial research on Jacks Cutlass, I came across a few posts by Mojo and others and discussions regarding Magnolia's rather stellar version that was produced in limited #'s.  
I checked into his site, but disappointedly, found no such examples for sale.  That changed when I was searching Etsy for other Jack related items and came across a Magnolia Clothiers LTD add for said Cutlass stating:

Jack Sparrow Pirates of the Caribbean Sword Cutlass Saber Prop Replica

"This full sized carbon steel sword is an exact reproduction of the sword worn by Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean film series. It features a specially antiqued blade with black wooden handle and darkened hilt and pommel. Comes complete with aged leather scabbard.

This sword has been carefully reproduced to match the original is exact size and shape (other replicas to date have had smaller handles and longer blades). The scabbard is even made extra long so the tip can be bent, just like Jack's!

These are a limited run and once they're sold out, they're gone!

UPDATE: We have less than 20 of these left, so order soon!"

My curiosity peaked, I checked in with Magnolia regarding the construction of said cutlass and was informed that it was a full scale replica, unlike MR, which I understand has a handle that is approx 10% smaller than the original (aside from the fact that I would never pay anything close to the asking prices for the MR versions currently on the market - no matter how accurate or inaccurate), and that his version also features a full tang construction.  It took little more persuading from that point and I set the order in motion.  I am in no way regretting my decision.  The sword arrived from Pakistan in very quick order and although it has a few small flaws here and there it is truly beautiful piece and one that I will use and display proudly!  

Just in from the hills of Pakistan

The initial unveiling of a most prized possession

Spectacular!

Blade aged to perfection

Comparison to the screen used cutlass featured on the DMC featurette

Making Jack Proud

Last edited by Captain Matt on Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling/Photo of Blade)
Captain Matt
Ballast Pig

View user profile http://www.mattwigginsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Re: MWE&D Adventures of Jack Sparrow: Cutlass Arrival

Post  Banditxx1 on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:33 pm

Hello Matt,

the cutlass is looking great!

Congratulation to this awesome piece of art.

Greetings from Germany

Arndt
Banditxx1
Jack Tar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  iJackSparrow on Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:48 pm

Nice piece of weaponry, indeed thumbsup

The sheath looks to be different than mine. Yours sheath looks much more better!

iJackSparrow
Landlubber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Thanks Gents / Sheath?

Post  Captain Matt on Sat Oct 04, 2014 1:39 pm

Thank you Gents -

The sheath is actually different than the one that was included in the original post. I am very happy with it. The color is not as SA as I want and it is too clean, so I will be ageing that very soon. I have read a few posts on varying methods on how to proceed with that - Mojo's looked pretty good at the JS Costuming page - any additional thoughts are welcome!

Posting yet another update on yet another VERY important piece today! : ) Said directional assitance devise that points to what we want most Sparrow
Captain Matt
Ballast Pig

View user profile http://www.mattwigginsentertainment.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Blade Savvy on Sat Oct 11, 2014 9:58 am

Another satisfied customer! Those of us who have the legendary Magnolie's sword are all extremely happy. With Simon's Baldric..... outstanding!
Blade Savvy
Bucko

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down