Will and Elizabeth's Age

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Will and Elizabeth's Age

Post  IndianaJoe on Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:59 am

How old were Will and Elizabeth supposed to be in Curse of the Black Pearl. In the beginning they both looked around 10, and 8 years later would make them 18. They definitely did not look 18. What do you guys think?

IndianaJoe
Eunuch
Eunuch

Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Will and Elizabeth's Age

Post  CJSFan on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:53 pm

IndianaJoe wrote:How old were Will and Elizabeth supposed to be in Curse of the Black Pearl. In the beginning they both looked around 10, and 8 years later would make them 18. They definitely did not look 18. What do you guys think?
Here's all I know. In the first screenplay draft, Elizabeth was 12 in the prologue scene and 20 in the main story...not sure it said anything about Will's age. I'd imagine Will being older as Orlando Bloom is older than Keira Knightley, but that's just a guess. Not sure if any of this is to be taken as truth or not as the actors were apparently older or younger than their characters.
avatar
CJSFan
Landlubber

Posts : 108
Location : On Stranger Tides

View user profile http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/User:J_Fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Will and Elizabeth's Age

Post  IndianaJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:58 am

Oh, ok. Thanks. I havent ever been able to get my hands on the screenplay, so i did not know that Elizabeth was supposed to be 12 in the beginning.

IndianaJoe
Eunuch
Eunuch

Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Will and Elizabeth's Age

Post  CJSFan on Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:25 am

Bear in mind, this particular case might be one taken as one's opinion. Some could say she was 12 to 20 in CotBP because of the script, but then some people rather take the ages of the actors themselves(Lucinda Dryzek aka Young Elizabeth was like 11 when she filmed the prologue, and Keira was 17 throughout production)...unless of course it's someone like Davy Jones or Calypso, as they were immortal beings in the series whose birthdates are impossible to narrow down at the moment.

IndianaJoe wrote:Oh, ok. Thanks. I havent ever been able to get my hands on the screenplay
If you want to read the script, there is one available on Wordplay, the website owned by Ted and Terry (the writers).Here's the link. To see it, you have to click some links - first you click "Intro" which links to an intro page, and then you have to find and click "Script" which gives you the script to read (both are on the bottom pages). Follow these brief instructions and enjoy you reading pleasure.
But be warned...this particular screenplay was first completed September 2002, before filming began and before Johnny Depp first did his unexpected performance. So yea, it's quite different from the final, hence why I'm not sure it's appropriate to think Elizabeth was twelve "officially". But still... Rolling Eyes
avatar
CJSFan
Landlubber

Posts : 108
Location : On Stranger Tides

View user profile http://pirates.wikia.com/wiki/User:J_Fan

Back to top Go down

Re: Will and Elizabeth's Age

Post  IndianaJoe on Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:14 am

CJSFan wrote:If you want to read the script, there is one available on Wordplay, the website owned by Ted and Terry (the writers).Here's the link. To see it, you have to click some links - first you click "Intro" which links to an intro page, and then you have to find and click "Script" which gives you the script to read (both are on the bottom pages). Follow these brief instructions and enjoy you reading pleasure.


Brilliant, thank you. I look forward to reading this. Razz

IndianaJoe
Eunuch
Eunuch

Posts : 7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Will and Elizabeth's Age

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum